POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : StarFleet Blobs (Very big) : StarFleet Blobs (Very big) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  StarFleet Blobs (Very big)
From: H E  Day
Date: 10 Mar 2000 20:50:13
Message: <38C9A445.2217871D@fci.net>
No, not the aliens.  The ships!  I've been wanting to do this for some
time, and I think the semifinished model compares very favorably with
the model used on the actual shows and movies.
(http://www.west.net/~brandonm/worlds.htm)
Anywaaay, this model uses the trace() function extensively.  When I say
extensively, I really, really, mean it.  I also used the new blob
pattern to selectively, well, select areas on the surface to texture.
And, yes, I did use the base texture from my Cruiser pic.
Took about a half hour to hour per pic to render.  Spent about 3 days on
the modeling and texturing.
Comments? Suggestions? Jobs? :)

--
H.E. Day

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'steadfast1.jpg' (128 KB) Download 'steadfast3.jpg' (48 KB) Download 'steadfast2.jpg' (81 KB) Download 'steadfast4.jpg' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'steadfast1.jpg'
steadfast1.jpg

Preview of image 'steadfast3.jpg'
steadfast3.jpg